Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sketchbook Pro

I recently switched from Photoshop to Sketchbook Pro for my drawing.

I really like Photoshop, but my CS version was no longer compatible with Lion and I just couldn't shell out the $1'399 for the software just to have CMYK capabilities.

My set-up now is pixelmator, Apple's built in Color-sync and Sketchbook Pro.

I love Sketchbook Pro since I don't have to switch a lot between mouse, tablet and keyboard. I was using the shortcuts for Photoshop, but the zoom/scale/move interface of Sketchbook is just as quick.

My gripe with Sketchbook Pro was that I lost all my custom brushes as well as brushes that I had gathered from other Photoshop users.  And even though Sketchbook let's you customize brushes, I didn't feel like creating them all again.

But I found a great resource that lets me convert my Photoshop brushes for Sketchbook Pro and I will be posting some of my sets here for everybody to download.

If you would like to share your custom Sketchbook Pro brushes with me please let me know in the comments.

Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. hey can you tell me how you can send the answer to my e mail address moulikdebangshu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you convert the brushes? i would really like to use the stumpy pencil brushes but i can't figure it out :/

    ReplyDelete